[X4U] Do I need an internal Airport card?

Jon Kreisler jonkreisler at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 12:05:13 PST 2013

The 2008 Mac Pro (and indeed later incarnations) come with an AirPort
Extreme slot, into which you can install an AirPort Extreme card.
However, according to Other World Computing, the one you mentioned is not
for the Mac Pro.
This one is:
http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Airport-Extreme-Wireless-Upgrade/dp/B0012YYITW

The advantage is, you won't take up a PCI-Express expansion slot or a USB
port for other wireless networking options.

Jon