[X4U] Nikon scanner

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Sat Feb 23 20:42:05 PST 2013

At 3:45 PM +0100 2/23/13, Paul Moortgat wrote:
>A friend would like to know if Epson Perfection V370 Photo is a good
>film scanner?

What is his planned use for the scans?  It's not a film scanner, it's
a flatbed scanner that happens to be able to scan 35mm film and
slides.  If he's not planning on publishing them, it's probably good
enough.  I've gotten acceptable scans out of an Epson 2400, and the
V370 is considerably newer.  Of course a Nikon Film scanner that's
several years older than the Epson beats it easily.

I do note that it appears to lack Digital ICE, that would be a deal
breaker for me.  I would recommend the V500 or V600.

Zane

| healyzh at aracnet.com              | OpenVMS Enthusiast         |
|                                  | Photographer               |