[X4U] iMac 10.5.8

William Scammell bill at wscd.biz
Sun Jan 20 13:10:26 PST 2013

Al:

maybe you tried this, but just in case:

shut down the imac
unplug from the ac wall socket
wait a minute or so
plug back into the wall socket
boot up (e.g., "cold start" as i call it)

once the imac has booted ... reboot (a "warm restart" as i call it)

also, look up how to reset the PRAM after the "wait a minute or so"
step. it'll reset the system time and date, but sometimes you need to
kick the mac in the pants to make it behave. :)

HTH.

-bill