[X4U] Google Apps for Business? Mac friendly?

Joe Sporleder joe at wacondatrader.com
Fri Jun 14 11:36:38 PDT 2013

Anyone out there using Google Apps for Business, specifically for collaboration and file sharing (Google Docs, Google Drive, Google Calendars, etc)? We are in the print and radio media business, and in the print part of our business we are a Mac shop, with the exception of a WIndows PC for accounting, and at our radio station, WIndow PCs are used for content management and audio production, and Macs are used as personal workstations primarily for accessing the Internet. Looking at improving communications with multiple offices and especially outbound salespeople, some that work out of a home office, in a mix of Windows and Macs, plus we're adding iPads to our communication workflow as well.

Any thoughts on Google apps, especially Google Drive in a multi-user environment? I have moved into a production management position, and don't have time to wear my IT hat as often, so looking at offloading most of our Internet communications to Google for Business (currently running a MacOS X Server for email, iCal Server, etc, that I would like to retire).

Joe