[X4U] Back-up

Roy v.d. Westhuizen roy at ion.co.za
Wed May 22 06:57:49 PDT 2013

I recently acquired a new 2.6 Ghz Mac mini with the following configuration:
16 Gb RAM
2 x 240 Gb Mercury Pro SSD drives internal
1x 320 Gb 7200 external Mercury Pro HD drive
1 x I Tb x 5400 external
1 x 2 Tb Mercury Elite Pro external.

I want to separate the OS and applications on the internal SSD drives. How best to do that? At the moment I am only running and saving to the first SSD drive.
The 320 Gb external must then be bootable copy of the OS and Applications folder.
The 1 Tb will contain the back-up data.
The 2Tb a Time Machine back.

What programs are best used to accomplish this so that it operates seamlessly?

Take care,

Roy