[X4U] ?SPAM? Back-up

Neil Laubenthal neil at laubenthal.net
Wed May 22 15:03:57 PDT 2013

Oh yeah, you're right. Still have to use them instead of aliases though to make sure that App Store updating works properly. If that isn't an issue then just an alias in /Applications to the second volume's /Applications/Application Name would work fine. I'm not actually sure that even a soft link would work to get updates properly.

I would really recommend not moving applications to another volume anyway; data and backups sure…but boot volume I would always load my apps on.

On May 22, 2013, at 3:14 PM, Jon Kreisler <jonkreisler at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you are dealing with two different volumes, you cannot use hard links, Soft links can cross volumes, but hard links must be on the same physical volume.

There are only three kinds of stress; your basic nuclear stress, cooking stress, and A$$hole stress. The key to their relationship is Jello.

neil