[X4U] 14 Mac Tips

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Thu Sep 19 07:48:30 PDT 2013

At 3:11 PM -0700 9/17/13, Randy B. Singer wrote:
>On Sep 17, 2013, at 8:57 AM, Earle Jones wrote:
>
>>  Randy:  I checked several of these 14 Mac tips.  Some work and some don't.
>
>You need to be running the latest version of the Mac OS.  Most will
>work under Lion.

When trying to access the tips now, I get "Page not found". :-(

I'd looked at this the other day, and learned about the purge
command.  I was disappointed to see that it said it requires 10.7 or
later, as I'm still on 10.6.8 (thanks to the Mac Mini I'm typing this
on I'll be moving to 10.8.5 shortly so I can run Adobe CC).  Anyway
on a whim I decided to try 'purge', and it worked.  So I was trying
to make sure I'd read the list correctly, when I found it's MIA.

For me the "purge" command is a *VERY BIG DEAL*!!!!  I wish I'd know
about it long before this!

Zane

| healyzh at aracnet.com              | OpenVMS Enthusiast         |
|                                  | Photographer               |