[X4U] SSD for 2010 Mac Book Pro?

Jim Elmore jelmore at elmoredesign.com
Mon Jan 13 09:46:51 PST 2014

I couldn't believe I waited so long. It's amazing. Operations that are in the background that you're not aware of, maybe, are things like memory cache (something like that). What doesn't fit in ram goes to the disk. Big applications (Adobe InDesign, After Effects) that take a minute or two to launch are now loaded in 10 seconds. Huge files (1GB Photoshop files) that used to take a minute or two to load now load in 10 seconds. After Effects rendering times are hugely reduced.

Can you tell I'm fan of SSD technology?

I believe their claims, up to 20x faster for anything that reads from and writes to disk. It's true.