[X4U] MacAlly Icekey 2 help?

catsoul catsoul at thinkplan.org
Mon Jun 2 06:58:55 PDT 2014

I have an email off to macally support on this, but hoping some here have the answer..

the "helpful, convenient" new icekey 2 function keys appear hardwired to somebody else's notion of convenience, and will not obey what I want them to do.

example: the F1 key appears devoted to emitting Command-Q beeps and will not behave like an assignable F1 key. Manual says to change press fn + up arrow at once, but this produces no change. F1 seems forever to be the "Quit" button and so forth through to F19 with some pretty stupid assignments for these keys, but I'm sure somebody thought they were a super benefit to the mac world!

There is sofware, but no resulting control panel helping to make this keyboard bend to the individual Users desires.  If I try to assign F1 to make launch pad appear, it only registers as Cmd-Q, no matter what I do.

The icekey 1 was a far more brains-based, functional device obeying having its function keys assigned to what the user wants.  I don't know what they were thinkin' with this disaster. Please any clues?

My vote: icekey 2: worse. peripheral. ever.

thank you,

cat