[X4U] X4U Digest, Vol 115, Issue 8

PHIL CORPUS pncorpus at west.net
Fri Jun 13 13:49:58 PDT 2014

I suggest your friend use Time Machine to back up his entire system.  After he upgrades to 10.6, he can follow the onscreen instructions to reinstall whatever applications and/or user files from his old OS that he decides he wants to keep.

After the upgrade, he'll need to update all of his applications.

Good luck

Phil