[X4U] X4U Digest, Vol 115, Issue 8

Jim Warthman jwarthmanlists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 22:08:43 PDT 2014

Paul,
It doesn't need to be either/or. In fact, best practice would be to use SuperDuper (or Carbon Copy Cloner) to keep a duplicate (clone) volume, and also use Time Machine for its ability to reach back to earlier versions of any file or folder.

he problem with *only* using a clone is that a problem may be discovered on the primary drive some time AFTER the clone was updated. A file may be corrupt or missing, and the clone would have the SAME problem! With Time Machine, that's not an issue!

Enjoy,

Jim