[X4U] Mavericks performance

catsoul catsoul at thinkplan.org
Tue Mar 4 10:12:55 PST 2014

Is 10.9.x going great for most? I've both read of and experienced first hand huge performance problems as well as just plain weird behavior..I'm wondering whether 10.9 is really only meant for certain Macs despite the wider than usual system requirements apple is recommending.

People both with comparable or older/inferior hardware to mine have said mavericks is great, even zippier than Mt. Lion.

Others have suggested that 10.9 might "bring out" hardware issues that go undetected or unexpressed under 10.8…no clue whether that's a valid idea or snake oil.

thoughts?