[X4U] Elmedia Player 4.3.8

Jerry Krinock jerry at ieee.org
Fri May 30 08:32:07 PDT 2014

On 2014 May 30, at 07:13, Paul Moortgat <paul.moortgat at pandora.be> wrote:

> Perian is no longer supported.  I even had to remove it from 10.9.  I just wanted to be prepared.

Paul I was thinking at a higher level.  I mean, what do you need Perian for?

Doing a little research myself, appears that Elmedia Player can play standalone Flash videos, outside of a web browser?  I’ve never been in that situation.  So, for me, the answer is no.

If you want to play standalone Flash occasionally, and not being able to be would be disappointing, then 9.95$ looks like a good deal.  On the other hand, if you’ve been without this capability since Mavericks, and are still happy and healthy, then maybe not!