[XDreams] set open page

Michael Brian Bentley bentley at crenelle.com
Mon Dec 4 10:16:11 PST 2006

>Hi everyone,
>
>Is there a way to program an application like Textedit to open a
>particular document at a certain page, or at the end of the
>document? I use TextEdit for almost all of my word processing and
>lately have been getting annoyed at having to scroll down some of
>the more lengthly documents in use.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>thanks,
>max

If Textedit is compatico with Apple Events, Applescript and the Apple
Object Model, the answer would be yes. You should be able to combine
Textedit with another application that lets you define macros or
create sequences that are tied to keyboard keys 'n stuff, like
Automator. I think QuickKeys is another app that may help.

I know that Nisus Writer has Nisus Writer Macros 2.0 for this sort of thing.

If there's a Mac OS X editor that embraces the Cocoa object model,
then there's probably a macro package that extends it in that
fashion, tho I offhand don't have any particular products in mind. It
shouldn't be hard to get these details, tho.