[XDreams] Projectors using Windows

Lela Tong artofbusiness_computer at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 5 14:07:04 PST 2006

Hi James,

  I was asking about the new "dream" operating system -- which I thought (am I wrong?) which allows the user to use both OS and Windows.   None of my apple buddies have tried it yet -- so, I thought that I'd ask since I'd like to purchase this new system and a new mac if this will allow me to use projectors since I teach and need to use projectors which claim to be windows only.

  However, I'm also told that the Mac laptop doesn't have the cable port which is needed to connect to these projectors.

  Sorry - am I on the wrong forum?

  Lela

James S Jones <jsjones at mac.com> wrote:
  Lela,

This list is about Mac OS X, and not Windows of any flavor.

That said, can you cite some examples of projectors that are "windows
only"--and why? What do you mean by "non-existent cable connection"?
Again, cite some specific examples of the projectors in question.

On Nov 4, 2006, at 4:21 PM, Lela Tong wrote:

> I'm new to the list.
>
> Does anyone know if the new Windows will allow the use of the
> laptop to the projectors which claim to be windows only?
>
> And then, there seems to be a non-existent cable connection. Does
> anyone know if a connection can be made?

Listmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random stuff:

http://mail.yahoo.com