[XDreams] Re: Projectors using Windows

Peter C.S. Adams adamsp at cs.umb.edu
Thu Nov 16 04:10:52 PST 2006

Thus spake Jan Steinman <Jan at bytesmiths.com>, circa 11/15/2006 11:38 PM:
> This summer, I was staff at a natural building school. We had evening
> programs that required video presentations. *At least half the time,*
> the frustrated user of a Windows laptop would burn their presentation
> to a CD, and I would show it (using Keynote

Something similar happened to me recently. I checked out five iBooks to a
professor chairing a conference and Saturday afternoon got a frantic call --
the University's help desk was trying to set up and they needed the
administrative password to connect the projectors. Huh? I thought. So I told
them to close the lid to put it to sleep, plug in the projector, turn it on,
and open the lid again to wake it up.

"Ah! It works!" they said.

"Duh," I thought.

I still don't know what the Windows experts at the help desk though they
needed to do.

     peter