usb adapter brands known to work

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Sun Dec 8 06:09:54 PST 2002

REF the following msg:

>From: "jeffrey j. radice" <jjr+bluetooth-mac at slowkid.com>
>Subject: usb adapter brands known to work
>Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 20:34:27 -0800
>To: bluetooth-mac at lists.themacintoshguy.com

>Is there a list of USB bluetooth adapters that are known to work with macs?

There was a test recently in the German magazine c't involving all (to them)
available BT USB adapters, the results...all adapters with the exception of
the AVM BlueFritz! USB were OS X compatible (albeit to varying degrees)

Link (German):

http://www.heise.de/ct/02/16/links/098.shtml

Note: Using an iBook I need to use a USB powered hub to use my TDK, I have
also read an article at O'Reilly page where the 3Com needed one as well but
can only assume that this is due to the low USB power for portable macs.

Link (English):

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/wireless/2002/08/13/bluetooth_osx.html

Hope this helps,

Richard