[BTM] G5 Bluetooth Must Be BTO or NEVER

Steve Sebban mchenry at mac.com
Thu Aug 14 07:26:39 PDT 2003

On Thursday, August 14, 2003, at 05:18PM, Robert Ameeti <robert at ameeti.net> wrote:

>>If you thought you could order your G5 without Bluetooth and add it later - forgetaboutit.
>>
>>You MUST BTO Bluetooth on G5's or NEVER get it without wasting a USB 2 port. It's only $50 so you better call them up and change your order if you didn't BTO it. They put it on the motherboard and you can't later.
>
>Your use of the capitalized NEVER is totally out of line. Bluetooth is USB. USB is daisy chainable. You will NEVER have too many USB devices since there are over 100 devices permitted in a chain.

i'm sorry to say you are completely wrong but the build-in bluetooth is an optional INTERNAL module exclusiveley available as a BTO from Apple. You can't add it later until they will decide to sell it.

If you want  to get bluetooth for your mac after, you will need to buy a USB dongle like every other mac or pc as Robert said.

You should double-read before posting and flaming......