Odd issue

Peter Eisch peter at boku.net
Mon Dec 1 12:31:29 PST 2003

I have an issue in getting my bluetooth functionality working on my
"important" powerbook.  Under 10.1 I had installed the bluetooth beta after
while updating to 10.2 (now patched to 10.2.8/bt 1.3.3) it's not at all
happy.  NB: my / is UFS and not HFS+.

When I plug in the dongle, I get in /var/log/system.log:

Dec  1 14:13:40 localhost mach_kernel: [HCIController][start]
Dec  1 14:13:40 localhost mach_kernel: [CSRHCIController][start] 1
Dec  1 14:13:41 localhost mach_kernel: [HCIController][setupHardware] AFH \
 Not Supported (0x3b2c370)

If I boot this same computer, same dongle with 10.2.8/bt 1.3.3 on HFS+ it
all works fine.  I can't tell if my issue is because I'm on UFS or if I had
the beta installed while still 10.1.

While the dongle is plugged in, Apple System Profiler shows the dongle and
System Preferences gives me the Bluetooth module but once there all the
parms are gray'd out and the services is shown as unavailable.

Does anyone have a clue if my issue is because I'm UFS?  The beta for 10.1
worked well on this system.  (still feeling the burn of the airport on 10.0
hassle I guess) Is there a way to nuke the whole bluetooth nugget and splat
a fresh copy on here?

Thanks,

Peter