[BTM] I need help choosing a Bluetooth Phone

Mark O'Brien rmobrien at mac.com
Fri Dec 12 08:09:03 PST 2003

On 12/12/03 10:36 AM, "David DelMonte" <ddelmonte at mac.com> wrote:

> Forgive my ignorance Mark, but if I buy an unlocked Z600, will that
> work with the sim card from my Treo? That's a T-Mobile phone.

Yes, I've used it with ATTWS and T-Mobile. I bought a Samsung S100 from
gsmphonesource.com several months ago, which had T-Mobile markings (but was
unlocked). The Z600 had no carrier markings, but came with a French manual.
I was able to download an English .pdf manual from Sony-Ericsson's site.

> Also, I read that the current software with the Z-600 doesn't allow use
> of T-zones. Can you comment on that.

I can't comment on this, but Rob Parker already has. ATTWS has a
"configurator" on their web site that sends email, mmode (equivalent of
T-Mobile's t-zones) and MMS settings to the phone via SMS. The mmode and MMS
settings worked perfectly, but I haven't set up email yet.

Mark