[BTM] Cheesy fix for non-syncing Tungsten/T's!

Filipe M. macfilipe at netcabo.pt
Tue Jan 14 01:17:08 PST 2003

On Terça, Jan 14, 2003, at 03:12 Europe/Lisbon, Stephen Jonke wrote:

> No, "blued" is, I presume, short for "bluetooth daemon". In any case
> it is definitely bluetooth related. Look at the root preferences file
> for it, here:
>
>     /private/var/root/Library/Preferences/blued.plist
>
> NOTE: not to get too unixy, but the privileges for this file are such
> that only root can read it, so in order to view it you'll have to
> prepend your viewing/editing command with "sudo" such as this (in the
> Terminal):
>
>    sudo more /private/var/root/Library/Preferences/blued.plist
>
> You have to be an admin to use the sudo command. Anyway, "bluetooth"
> is all over the place in there.
>
> When you kill blued, it immediately starts again, but the problem is
> gone until after the next sync. What I think is happening is that one
> side or the other is not closing the connection properly and so it
> stays around. When you kill blued, I believe you kill the leftover
> connection and that makes the Palm happy until after the next sync,
> when the connection gets left open again.
>
> Steve

Thanks for the good info, Steve!

Anyone else tried this? I'm really curious about this thing... like I
said before, I don't have a Tungsten T (Santa was short of cash and
only brought me the Zire) but no one knows what the future holds... the
Zire is good to take the jump into the PDA world (it's not too
expensive, so if you don't like it there's no big harm done) but the
Tungsten T...*sigh*...  different world, wouldn't you say?
I would really like to know if this thing really puts away the T's
hardware related suspicion.

Best,

Filipe