Need some help with Tungsten

Pedro P Guimaraes guimara2 at tcnj.edu
Mon Jun 9 09:27:33 PDT 2003

I just bought a Palm Tungsten(from best buy) and a D-Link BT dongle from the
apple store. I got home and I was so exited to get everything up and
running, but now I have spent hours frustrated just trying to get this to
work.

My system: QS733 running 10.2.6 all software is up to date (including iSync
and BT) Palm Desktop 4.1

I couldn¹t find any help online through google, palm, or apple.

I followed the direction on the palm.com page to the letter. I included it
here incase it is wrong.  I can sync with USB just fine using iSync but
bluetooth just wont co-operate with me...  Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you so much.

>From palm.com:
Here are the steps to setup up a Bluetooth HotSync operation:

Creating a Connection to the desktop system:
Tap on the Prefs icon in Applications Launcher
Tap on Communication
Tap on Connection
Tap the New onscreen button
Enter a name for the connection in the field labeled Name:
Tap the arrow next to Connect To:
Select PC from the drop down list
Tap the arrow next to via: and select Bluetooth
Tap the box labeled Tap to Find next to Device:
Select the name of the PC from the displayed list
When asked if you want to add the PC to the Trusted Device list, select no
On the Edit Connection screen tap the OK button
Tap the Done button to get back to the main Preferences screen
A connection to the PC has now been established

Setting up the Mac Desktop

Open the HotSync Manager software
In the HotSync Controls tab, verify that HotSync enabled is selected
In the Connection Settings tab, click on the checkbox next to
bluetoŠync-port
Exit out of HotSync Software Setup

Setting up the handheld for HotSync

>From the Applications Launcher, tap on the HotSync icon
Tap on the Menu icon in the Graffiti area
If the Option menu did not drop down, tap on Options
Select LANSync PrefsŠ
Tap on LANSync
Tap OK
Tap on Local above the HotSync icon
Tap on the box below the HotSync icon and select the BT Connection that was
created in the above steps
Tap the HotSync icon

--
Pedro P Guimaraes