[BTM] Reverse routing - phone to net via Mac/PC?

paul at piglobal.com paul at piglobal.com
Thu Jun 12 08:02:09 PDT 2003

You can get AvantGo for a number of phone platforms.
https://my.avantgo.com/account/downloads.html
<https://my.avantgo.com/account/downloads.html>

>From the web page:

Click here to download all Windows clients </register/choose_device.html>
(for Palm OS, Palm OS 5 BETA, Windows CE, PocketPC, Symbian OS (Series 60)
Mobile Phones and RIM Blackberry devices).

After reading some of the stuff on the Apple Bluetooth support discussions
it looks as if it should be possible to use the Mac as a BT router for the
phone - tried it with the PC here but it would muck up my carefully arranged
web of monitoring software!
I'll try the Mac when I get home. (Not confident though!)

...oh, and I've had a look at the BT programming documentation for the
Series 60 phones and it looks like I could do it.. If I was 21 and still
interested in programming. I've got way too much cycling to do.

PaulS