[BTM] T68i SIM contacts storage

Louis A Bustamante themacintoshguy at tikilab.com
Sun Jun 15 09:19:06 PDT 2003

On Sunday, June 15, 2003, at 05:31 AM, Raymond P Reedy wrote:
> What are the advantages of storing contacts in SIM? They then reside
> in two places.

I believe the reason for backing up the contents to the SIM card is so
you can remove it and transfer it to a new phone. Then you can copy
your contacts from the SIM to the new phone's memory. The SIM card also
has the information for your plan and whatever info the service
provider needs to identify your number, etc. Not really anything to do
with syncing to the computer.

Louis
|   Tiki LAB - Pop Culture With A Twist..... http://www.tikilab.com/   |
|   Are you unknowingly spreading the Klez worm?  Check your system!   |
|       http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.e@mm.html      |