[BTM] Jabra FreeSpeak + T68i

Dan Frakes Dan at Frakes.org
Wed Mar 19 09:59:57 PST 2003

Christopher Pavicich <pavicich at mac.com> wrote:
> I recently picked up a Jabra free speak for my T68i. I am somewhat
> happy with it so far,
> but the range of (one of) the devices is lacking. Unless the phone and
> headset are in close proximity
> (5 feet or so) reception is utter crap.
>
> It is totally unusable with handset in jeans pocket.
>
> Does anyone have experience with this / any tips / etc...

I have the FreeSpeak and T68i; I'm of the opinion that the range is limited
by the FreeSpeak.

I also periodically experience the behavior you're describing. I can usually
get away with putting the phone in a pocket or on a belt clip, but
occasionally when I do I get static. Any distance beyond that is unusable.

That being said, I still love it and use it daily. I just wish it had a
better range.