T68i, Jabra, & Mac OS X Address Book...

Michael C. Mendelsohn mikey at mendelini.com
Thu Mar 27 18:58:41 PST 2003

Hi, I'm new to this list, so my apologies if this problem has arisen before.

I've been using my T68i with Mac OS X for a few months now, and the advanced
Bluetooth features of the Address Book app (dialing, answering, etc) are one
of Jaguar's coolest features.

Today, I decided to go and get a Jabra Freespeak BT200, and I was able to
pair that and operate it just fine with the T68i.

Here's my problem: they won't all play at the same time. Hypothetically,
what I want to do is, for example, dial the number from the address book,
and then conduct the call from the Jabra without having to touch the phone.
Right now, I can only use the phone and the Mac, or the phone and the
headset; the headset won't communicate with the phone while the phone is
engaged with the Mac (using a D-Link adapter, by the way), and vice versa.

All of the devices are paired correctly. I was under the impression (and all
of the literature accompanying any of these products seem not to deny it)
that Bluetooth devices could connect to about 20 devices simultaneously. If
anyone knows anything, I'll be grateful..

MCM