Tungsten T Hotsynch Problem

Michael McPherson mcph at mac.com
Sat Mar 29 08:03:30 PST 2003

Ive got a new tungsten T which I have set to synch through
bluetooth, but I'm having a lot of problems with it.

The main problem is that when I try to hotsynch,  it reinstalls
Everything i've ever put on my palm.  As soon as I got it, I  installed
many applications,  set it up to synch with Mail.app,  my mac address
book,
etc...

So when I look at my mail on my palm,  Ive got 5 or 6 copies of every
message
saved (because each time I synch a new copy gets written)

Every time I synch,  every application that I've installed gets put
back in the unfilled category.

it's very odd.

Has anyone seen this sort of behavior before?

Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Also another, apparently unrelated question.  whenever I have
a "sucsessful" hotsynch,  the next time I try to hotsynch the tungsten T
can't find my mac unless I do a cold reboot.  I'm assuming that's very
abnormal.  Any ideas why that would be happening?  I've got one of those
D-link bluetooth dongles attached to the usb port in my keyboard

Unplugging/Replugging it doesnt seem to help