12" PowerBook, Bluetooth device suddenly disabled?

Steve Meister stevemeister at netzero.com
Sun May 11 16:43:45 PDT 2003

When I first received my 12" PowerBook, the Bluetooth menu appeared
normally. Later, I think it might have been after the update to OSX
10.2.6, the Bluetooth menu icon was grayed out, with a zig-zag line
through it, and only one grayed-out option is present in the menu:
"Bluetooth: Not Available."

Similarly, when I try to run the Bluetooth Setup Assistant, the
Bluetooth File Exchange, or the Bluetooth Serial Utility, I get the
message "No Bluetooth Hardware Found". I know my PowerBook came with
built-in Bluetooth, and I know that the Bluetooth menu used to have
items in it, so I'm not sure what happened.

Any ideas?
- Steve