[BTM] SMS question

Mark O'Brien rmobrien at mac.com
Mon May 12 06:22:28 PDT 2003

On Monday, May 12, 2003, at 09:16AM, Dr. Julie Armstrong <drarmstrong at mac.com> wrote:

>If I am Bluetooth enabled, exactly how do I send a message via
>SMS/address book?
>
>Is it possible to compose the message on the Mac (TiPB 10.2.6) and send
>it via Bluetooth and t68i? Any software needed for this?

Once you have the T68i and TiBook paired and connected, open Address Book. You'll see the Bluetooth icon button along the top of the window. The button will not appear at all if Bluetooth is not turned on.

Click the button, and the black letter 'B' will turn blue. If it doesn't (and it sometimes doesn't for me), you'll have to go back through the steps of pairing and connecting both devices. If it does, you're in business.

Highlight the name of the person you want to SMS, then click and hold on the word next to their mobile number (usually 'mobile'). You'll see 'SMS' as an option. Click on it, and a little window will open. Write your SMS in there, and click 'Send'.

That's it, but unfortunately there will be no record on the T68i of your SMS. I've been able to save incoming SMS messages in the Notes section of Address Book. But unless you cut and paste your outgoing before sending, you will have no record of it.

Mark