iSync 1.1 rumour

Örjan Larsson orjan at sm4tfe.com
Tue May 20 11:19:02 PDT 2003

tisdagen den 20 maj 2003 kl 14.07 skrev Bluetooth-Mac:

> From: Jonas Salling <jonassalling at mac.com>
>
> Also,
>
> There was a report on ThinkSecret (yes, I know...) today about iSync
> 1.1 that had several factual errors in it:
>
> 1. iSync already works with the T610. Perhaps there's something that
> needs adjustment, but I surely haven't noticed any problems.
>
> 2. iSync 1.1 (the rumor contradicts itself on this point) *does*
> implement SyncML.
>
> I don't know if these things interest you guys; let me know if you're
> getting bored out of your minds. ;-)

Being an P800 owner, I am all too happy to read interesting comments
from someone who knows about bluetooth ;-)

Nice that iSync 1.1 will use SyncML. I have been in contact with Nokia,
one of the people on the board of the SyncML group, and got the info
that Nokia doesnt use SyncML over bluetooth, or cable, in they Nokia
Data Communication Suite for WimpDOS. And that they probably will use
SyncML in the future, but no definition of how long away that future
is.......  SonyEricsson was as blunt, telling they do not use SyncML
for their own (Windows)  sync program. One really got worried that
SyncML was more or less an mess of standard papers of hot air.

Do you or anyone else know if one needs upgrading the P800 to the april
firmware ("R2D" version) to fix bugs with SyncML, or if the earlier
version do work? I have some friend whose upgrade have been stalled at
the middle of the upgrade, and they still havent got their phones back.

/Örjan - which recently got info that Belkin hope that they will
release their Bluetooth Acess Point in europe in june, but did say it
would work with Mac. Will have to check up if thats because OS X still
miss some bluetooth networking profile, or if there is something else.