[BTM] Fitting a USB Bluetooth inside a Titanium

Hanno Lans mail at hannolans.nl
Sun May 25 17:12:08 PDT 2003

I built in a bluetooth adapter with soldering. It works fine. Had only
sometimes a small problem in the earlier version of Osx 10.2 when I had to
unplug the adapter to re-establish the connection.
Dont know exactly the range, because I have no proximity meter, but when my
mobile is around at the table or in my pocket in the train or park I have a
connection, so that's exactly why i wanted it. It's really worth to have
bluetooth always automatically with you.
Soldering is not a big problem, but use fine materials. I taped one of the
USB ports and don't miss this second port. After all, in the future you will
replace all USB connections by bluetooth... If you dont want to loose one
port you can choose to put the bluetooth-adapter beneath the keyboard, still
with a USB-connector as described at the site. You can unplug this
bt-adapter. As a result your second port will work again as before.

Hanno