Two Macs, One Mobile?

Andrew Currie me at andrewcurrie.ca
Wed Nov 12 12:46:31 PST 2003

Here's one that's sure to stump ya!

I have to Macs and one SE T616 mobile phone. I've been testing a
Bluetooth iSync connection with the mobile on the desktop Mac, and want
to try out a Bluetooth GPRS modem connection on the laptop.

I've unplugged the USB Bluetooth adapter from the desktop and plugged
it into the laptop, but when I try to pair the laptop with my mobile,
the mobile shows the name of my desktop computer, not the laptop! I
haven't paired the two yet, because I don't want to risk corrupting any
data or connectivity to my desktop Mac.

Each computer has a unique name; the only thing they share is a
wireless connection to an AirPort Base Station.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Andrew