re OS X and Bluetooth - Smart Phones?

Hannes Wolf teddythebear at magnet.at
Sat Nov 22 06:34:00 PST 2003

mhart at hartg.com wrote:
>The T610/T616 and the Z600 are not true smart phones.  Smart phones are PDA and Cell phone combo, such as the Handspring Treo, the Microsoft Smartphones and the Sonyericsson P800 or P900. Of all of these the P900 works best with the mac.

Did you ever try the Handspring Treo 270c? Unlike on the new Treo600 there is no camera and SDIO for Bluetooth, but the connection with MacOS (8, 9 and X) works great, especially via Palm Desktop. The ability to keep the categories from the Mac side is essential for me, as I routinely move more than 8000 addresses from the Mac (originating in Hypercard) within a few minutes via USB to my Treo270c, my Palm Tungsten i710 (W) and hopefully soon to my new Treo600.
Also the lack of software for Symbian (not even  one decent database program yet!) compared to the PalmOS makes a PalmOS based smartphone a much better choice for me.
Greetings from sunny Spain via GPRS and Palm Tungsten W from CyBear.