[BTM] Do Apple Keyboards and Mice work on start-up question

Dan Frakes Dan at Frakes.org
Tue Oct 14 09:43:54 PDT 2003

Richard McKay <richard.mckay1 at virgin.net> wrote:
> as an update to my questions about this earlier I saw this link today:
>
> <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=120253>
>
> It would seem that they (BT keyboard and mouse from Apple) will indeed work
> with the Bluetooth adapters during booting but only if you have a built in
> adapter from Apple or a D-link module? And of course update the firmware...
>
> Can anyone confirm / deny this or my interpretation thereof?

Over at MacFixIt, we've been trying to get confirmation of this from Apple.
They've told us that (important caveat) once you've set the Bluetooth
keyboard up initially, it *will* recognize the T and C keys (for FireWire
Target Disk Mode and to boot from a CD). However, when we asked about other
keys, they didn't respond ;-)