[BTM] different dongles for BT?

XXL xxl at mac.com
Fri Sep 5 08:08:30 PDT 2003

> Probably some of the problems I thought were
> implementation-related are caused by the dongle... shed some light on
> this, please!

Well, I made a fairly board statement.. Actually, it installed nicely and
was easily paired with the Mac. But it wouldn't support ANY function of my
Sony t610 phone, not even file transfer. I later bought a Belkin, and it
does everything.

The Acer said on the box what phones were supported.,,, mostly Nokia models,
which apparently have a few Bluetooth irregularities, Jabra makes BT 1.1
headsets for all phones and a special model for some Nokia phones.  SO maybe
I got the Nokia-centric model of the Acer adapter. In any case I paid 50
Euros for the Acer (2 adapters in the box) adapters that did nothing for me
and 60 Euros for the Belkin that works wonderfully.

OF COURSE they won't take them back!

-Joel