[BTM] different dongles for BT?

Filipe M. macfilipe at netcabo.pt
Fri Sep 5 11:32:15 PDT 2003

On Sexta, Set 5, 2003, at 11:32 Europe/Lisbon, Jason Davies wrote:

>> MSI Bluetooth Class1 adapter (not a dongle, it's a proprietary card
>> with external dipolar antenna) on another XP PC
>

> does that one work with a Mac on OS X?

Unfortunately not, it's an optional component to some MSI PC
motherboards; It's just a small PCB mounted on a PCI bracket, connected
with a cable to dedicated pin headers on the boards (hooked on the USB
bus), and with a connector for the external antenna (it doesn't work
without it).

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/communication/cmu/
pro_cmu_detail.php?UID=325&MODEL=

They also have a Class 1 dongle, I just don't know about it's
compatibility with OS X...

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/communication/cmu/
pro_cmu_detail.php?UID=326&MODEL=

If I happen to get my hands on one I'll post the results.

Best,

Filipe