[BTM] isync how to make the "computer" win? (T68i)

peter ashworth aaaashy at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Sep 27 08:58:16 PDT 2003

On Saturday, September 27, 2003, at 12:01 PM, Robert Nicholson wrote:

> I'm trying to sync from my phone to my computer after the phone had
> been reset but the phone wants to erase all
> the contacts from my computer it doesn't know about and add the
> contacts from the phone to the computer.
>
> In this case I need to be able to repopulate the phone's phonebook
> from my computer.

yes, this is a problem i had, and i unfortunately didn't know the way
out initially, and wiped a load of addresses from the Address Book

if you open AB, then create a Phone directory

then go to iSync and click on your phone symbol, the drop down window
will show that the phone sync with "All Contacts", if you open the
bar, it will now include Phone, set this up

if you now sync, it should add the phone's addresses to that BUT SHOULD
NOT WIPE ANY ADDRESSES from the main directory

then drag and drop all the addresses in the main directory that you
want to be included on the phone and do another sync

this time the phone should have all the addresses names and phone
numbers you want

(it may well be worth waiting for someone else to confirm this method
before jumping in, if i have this wrong you will lose a load of
addresses (those you have deleted from the phone), and i have now
decided never to delete addresses from the phone unless i also want to
delete them from the address book, i do all that from my mac - far from
perfect but it works

peter