[BTM] Do Apple Keyboards and Mice work on start-up question

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Tue Sep 30 12:22:01 PDT 2003

Dan Frakes wrote the following:

> According to the people I've talked to at Apple, the Bluetooth
> mouse/keyboard do not work at startup, ever. They are not functional until
> the Bluetooth drivers are loaded.
>
> That means that unless you have a *wired* keyboard, you don't have access to
> any startup actions and/or services:

Today I read that someone managed to eject a cd at startup with a bluetooth
mouse and an iMac 1.25 (built in BT). link here:

<http://www.hardmac.com/niouzcontenu.php?date=2003-09-29#674>

If it is not simply a false statement, then I am wondering if the built in
BT models (at least the latest versions) are hardware recognised at start-up
as the Firewire and Ethernet are and therefore with some limitations would
also work?

Would be interesting to hear from someone with a new Mac and built in BT as
well as the mouse or keyboard...

Richard