[BTM] G5 and iBook G4

Krehbiel, Tyler krehbiet at pluto.dsu.edu
Wed Dec 29 16:25:12 PST 2004

No, no it doesnt.

If you wana connect them via firewire, just connect them with a firewire cable. Then under firewire in the networking control pannel, set each mach its own IP address. I just 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.2 for mine. Then just use apple-K or the GO menu in finder to get to the "connect to server" dialog box. Then type afp://10.0.0.x (x being the IP of the computer your connecting to)

I know it sounds a little complicated, but its really not. After the IPs are set, its easy. After the initial setup you just hook the cable up and Goto the "connect to server" I use it all the time, its FAST and easy.