[BTM] Question about the Z600

Rob Parker Rob at ParkerDigital.net
Sun Jun 6 09:21:09 PDT 2004

I've had some rather disappointing experiences sync'ing my Z600 and
PowerBook G4 using iSync. The concept seems simple but, somewhere in
the execution of it all, I get duplicate contact entries on the
PowerBook and the phone. I've taken to adding contacts one-at-a-time
using the Bluetooth aware feature of Address Book. Admittedly, I
haven't given iSync more than a few tries so I may not have worked
out all the bugs in my setup. At this point, all my numbers are in
the phone and on the computer so I haven't made it a priority.

As for the GPRS connectivity issue, I use it fairly regularly with
decent results. It's great to be able to grab your email while your
plane is parked at the gate or when you're on a long drive and
there's no other 'Net access. It's not fast and it's not secure and
you won't be downloading video clips, using iChat or anything like
that, but I really appreciate having the option to successfully send
and receive email and do some minor web surfing whenever the urge
strikes.

Perhaps the most compelling reason to use a Bluetooth phone as a GPRS
modem is to stay connected when traveling abroad. I had flawless
service recently when I traveled from the US to England and Italy. I
was able to keep in touch with folks back home and even get sports
scores as I sipped a coffee in the morning. For a very small amount
of money, it provided a nice little slice of home while vacationing
in a far away place.

best--

Rob Parker
SE Z600