[BTM] Basic GPRS question

Jan F ü llemann Fuellemann at gmx.de
Fri Jun 11 07:33:17 PDT 2004

Hi,

GPRS is a service and has to activated by your provider Cingular. There are
basically two services:

WAP GPRS and Internet GPRS

WAP GPRS enables you to access special services of your provider with your
phone, but not with a connected computer.

Internet GPRS enables you to use your phone as a wireless modem with your
computer for mobile Internet access.

Once Internet GPRS is enabled for your phone, you can set up your Mac to go
online - either by hand or you use a software like Mobile High Speed 2G from
www.novamedia.de

Regards,

Jan