[BTM] Nokia 7610

Simon G. Trask simon at simbiosis.com
Tue Oct 12 18:06:58 PDT 2004

At 7:42 PM +0100 on 12/10/04, Martim Weinstein wrote:
>I've been considering this as my next phone. How are you finding it overall?
>Unfortunately I see you have a lot of questions already which makes
>me doubt it's integration with my Mac... especially bluetooth wise.
>Have you been able to isync it? Transfer files through BT?
>
>Any info will help my decision... thanks in advance.
>
>Martin
>-mw

Sorry, Martin, I should have explained more clearly perhaps. I don't
have a 7610 yet, but I am very interested in it for its media
capabilities. I'm a long-time Mac user still on Mac OS 9, but I plan
on getting a new Mac before long (20" iMac G5 looks very appealing)
with the Bluetooth option fitted, and the 7610 looks like it could be
a great phone to use in conjunction with the Mac - ideally via
Bluetooth. Hence my many questions to the list!

It is disappointing that Nokia doesn't have Mac versions of its
supporting software for the phone. But from what I can tell (see my
previous emails) that doesn't mean the phone is unusable with the
Mac. And the extent of that usability is partly in Apple's hands, too.

Simon