[BTM] Opinions wanted on several adapters

Gino J. Piazza gjpiazza at optonline.net
Sat Sep 18 19:16:04 PDT 2004

I would appreciate hearing opinions on the MacWireless Bluetooth USB
Adapter versus the D-Link DBT-120 USB Bluetooth Adapter versus the
Belkin Bluetooth USB Adapter, 100 Meter versus the BlueProton  CLASS 1
USB BlueTooth Wireless Adapter?  I see that MacWireless offers two
adapters - a class 2 adapter (66 foot range), and a class 1 adapter
(330 foot range).  If I read right, the specs for the D-Link DBT-120
has a range of only 33 feet.  Am I correct in thinking that the
adapters with the higher range are better (which i guess would be all
class 1)?  Yet I see that Apple sells the D-Link DBT-120 USB Bluetooth
Adapter at the Apple Store.  Is class 2 better than class 1?

Gino J. Piazza