[BTM] bluetooth headsets

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Sat Jul 16 08:11:15 PDT 2005

Thank you Paul: I am afraid it is not. If not connected to any
device, or if connected to a cellular phone, the headset stays on for
as long as I could wait. Thanks again, S.

On Jul 15, 2005, at 11:50 PM, Paul Frye wrote:

> I would guess it is definitely hardware failure with the headset.
> Sounds like a bad capacitor or something like that from the fact
> that it will last a minute or so before it shuts down.  See if you
> can get it to work on another machine.
>
> On 7/15/05 9:46 AM, "Stefano Baroni" <baroni at sissa.it> wrote:
>
>> Hi! I have been using a "Logitech Mobile Bluetooth Headset" on my
>> Mac PB G4 for a while now, first with various 10.3.X versions of
>> Mac OS X, now with 10.4.2, mainly with SKYPE
>>
>> All of the sudden, the headset started to behave very strangely.
>> It does no longer appear in the SKYPE "preferences>audio" pane,
>> nor it does in the "system preferences>sound" pane. When I switch
>> it on, it connects with the mac (as seen on the "system
>> preferences>bluetooth>devices" pane), but: i) it disconnects ~1
>> min after, and ii) even while it stays connected it does not show
>> in the audio/sound panes, as descrobed above.

---
Stefano Baroni - SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS National Simulation Center -
Trieste
[+39] 040 3787 406 (tel) -528 (fax) / stefanobaroni (skype)