[BTM] Bluetooth help

Isabel bee at isabelbostwick.com
Sat Nov 5 07:40:32 PST 2005

On 5/11/05 2:01 pm, "Winston MacKelvie" <winstonworks at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> The term "exe" is for Windows. I believe the Mac has BT in its
> operating system, at least the later OS versions do. I don't think
> you have to do anything but plug it in and open Sys Prefs.
>

> Winston

 Thanks for replying Winston,

I get you, but then what?
I have tried plugging in the dongle and opening system prefs. I have made
sure the device is in discoverable mode, and have used my phone to search
for the computer and connect them. But what do I do next? There should be an
option in the bluetooth menu to view any connected files, or find photos,
but there isn't. Just these options:
Discoverable (ticked)
Setup bluetooth device (which doesn't respond if I click it)
Send file  (doesn't respond)
Browse device (doesn't respond)
Preference (goes into sys pref.)

Is there something I should be doing when I go into System prefs that I'm
not?

Thinking about taking the blasted thing back to the shop!

Thanks again,

Isabel