OT: Early holiday present

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sun Dec 1 20:07:57 PST 2002

> From: Matt <mattmend at warpmail.net>
>
> I received an early holiday present of sorts today. Sitting on the curb
> in front of the building next door, was a Mac SE. I brought it in and
> it booted up as if it were 1989. Is there any market for these at this
> point? I'm not sure what to do with it. It has MS Word on it so I
> suppose it would make a passable word processor. Beyond that, I"m not
> sure what else. Any ideas?

These machines make great word processors, fax machines and other
"one-trick pony" type machines.

I used to use one in my kitchen as an instant recipe database
(thousands of recipes).

I eventually gave it (outfitted with MS Word 5.1a and a Stylewriter
printer) to a writer friend who hated computers. She only uses it as a
word processor, but she LOVES it. She can't bring herself to buy a full
computer because she has no interest in these machines as anything
other than word processors (she even uses WebTV for email and web
surfing (bleah!)).

_Chas_
Come to  ... The CHASbah!
http://thechasbah.blogspot.com

**Go see BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE. It may change your life.**