Current passing through the iBook

Peter Nacken caipirina at mac.com
Mon Dec 2 12:57:38 PST 2002

Hey folks,

Funny problem .. I bought my iBook in the US where it was used to 110 Volt
electrical current... But smart as the iBook is, it's yo yo (or brick
nowadays) can handle everything from 100 to 240 ...

Now .. I am on this island where 220 V is normal and I have no problems
operating my iBook at all ... The only little thing is that I get a nice
tingly feeling whenever I touch that metal opening button in the front ...
Since it is the only metal part, I guess this is some outlet for some extra
power / current (that's the part I slept through in physics)

I have noticed that by the way also with my new nice Casio Exilim digi cam
(nice little toy by the way ... Quality not as great as the Canon S110, but
the size can;t be beat) .. And even the microwave in this hotelroom I will
not touch its metal parts anymore ..

Anyone knows what is going on .. And if it is damaging my iBook ?