[P1] Erratic and frozen cursors

Alric J. Lam Alric.J.Lam at Dartmouth.EDU
Mon Dec 2 18:30:56 PST 2002

--- You wrote:

I have had these problems as well, and have accepted these answers, however, as the weather gets colder and the air gets drier, the cursor becomes ever more erratic, and it freezes all the time, requiring nearly as many restarts as a Windows machine. It is totally unacceptable. I am very, very careful not to touch the trackpad with my other fingers, yet sometimes it will take five or six strokes to get to the point where I want  my cursor, several times getting almost there, and then having the cursor jump away, like the cursor and the point on the screen I am trying to reach are opposite poles of a magnet.
--- end of quote ---

I found that sometimes washing my hands and drying them thoroughly would help.  I dont know if its the moisture on the finger tip or whatnot, but it helped once in a while.  My 2 cents......

Al