[P1] iBook price discounts

david davidwb at spymac.com
Mon Dec 2 18:52:06 PST 2002

On 12/2/02 7:07 PM, "Lowell Neudeck" <pika37 at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I am new to the list and I have the following question. I am planning to buy
> an iBook. Will current models become the old models and be discounted when
> the next MacWorld conference takes place (in January?) or is it better to
> look for discounts at Christmas time?

It is a mutt's game to try and figure out when the best time to purchase a
new computer is. You can be certain that within 6 months of your purchase:
a) the price will drop, b) the computer's price won't change but the specs
will improve, or c) some combination thereof. If you need the computer, buy
it. If you insist on waiting for the best deal you'll still be thinking
about buying your first new computer on the day you die.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by frost.

davidwb at spymac.com