PowerBook vs. iBook

B.J. Major bjbear71 at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 3 02:14:41 PST 2002

>The iBook is almost impossible to service other than the RAM chip and the
>battery, while the Pismo is very user friendly, takes more memory and has
>expansion bays which give you all sorts of options. Also, the screen on the
>Pismo is far better, it has PC slot, Firewire, IR and stereo in and out!

All iBooks since the lime clamshell model also have built-in firewire.
The Pismo bought used now is still pricey - unusual for a model that has
been discontinued for so long.

But I agree with you that the G3 Series PowerBooks overall still
represent the best options for expansion with their built-in expansion
bays (which is one reason I will not let go of my Wallstreet . . .)!
There is a price to be paid for the thinness and weight loss of both the
iBook and the TiBook and its name is expansion.

--bj
Like jazz?  Like Brazilian music?  Join Membership Support at:
http://www.bjbear71.com/